“Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.” -The Dark Knight
I have a lot of negativity inside me that builds and builds up over time. It takes a VERY STRONG amount of will power to not let that negativity dictate what I DO.
- People piss me off.
- Politics frustrate me.
- Religious miscommunications wear me out.
- Ignorance annoys me.
- Owning a business and all its many “bad” moments scare me.
- Inability to say NO enough, gets me in a lot of frustration.
- Having 2 kids under 3 plays its toll many days.
- My wife and I bicker and argue like most, and causes frustration/annoyance for us both.
- My uncalmed MIND races to the point of accomplishing nothing in it.
- Always seeking perfection in “balance” is a losing battle.
- Trying to comfort, influence and still discipline my students is heartbreaking sometimes knowing I am only in control 35 hours/week. ?
If I don’t keep an open mind and try to weather each storm, big or small, then how would I expect others around me or under my influence to become stronger, bolder, braver, more courageous, more genuine, more adventurous, more supportive, more impactful, or impact the world around them?
Point of the matter is a lot of things SUCK and I want to hide in the shadows….but the good outweighs the bad EVERY SINGLE TIME!